Revise these sentences to make them less wordy and compare your revisions with mine.
- Sylvia very hurriedly scribbled her name, address, and phone number on the back of a greasy napkin.
- Susan’s stylish jeans, made of leather, were too warm for our climate.
- She got red at my words, which were spoken in a moment of anger.
- It was decided by the committee that no non-English speakers would be hired.
- It was my intention to make sure that no student would fail the test.
- Since the mission statement reflects the organization’s developing vision of the future, it will be amended annually to incorporate those changes in the vision which occur as it matures.
- There were two flights of stairs that one had to take to get to the attic.
- A decision was made by Volkswagen to recall all defective models.
- A majority of the suggestions he made were rejected.
- The two official languages should have to be known to some extent by all Canadians.
- Sylvia scribbled her contact information on a greasy napkin.
- Susan’s stylish leather jeans were too warm for our climate.
- She blushed at my angry words.
- The committee decided that only English speakers would be hired.
- I intended to ensure that all students passed the test.
- The mission statement will be amended annually as needed.
- Two flights of stairs led to the attic.
- Volkswagen decided to recall all defective models.
- Most of his suggestions were rejected.
- All Canadians should have some knowledge of the two official languages.